Why another cycling club?
Absolute Motion is a national cycling club that has its origin in Pietermaritzburg and aims to offer a reason to belong for all levels of mountain bikers and road cyclist. Many clubs only cater for social riders, we want to be part of your cycling journey from start to end, even if you have aspirations to become a pro. The Absolute Motion Cycling Club is all about community and has an inclusive policy … yes, anyone is welcome to join us at any time. You don’t have to wear our kit to be welcome.
- Encourage an active and healthy lifestyle through cycling
- Encourage safe cycling
- Provide regular informative newsletters
- Facilitate regular topical talks and demonstrations
- Offer meaningful discounts on selected products.
- Offer discount for coaching services.
- Our coaches are UCI accredited with years of experience.
- Offer discount for “next level bike fitting”.
- Facilitate 2 x Training camps per year for both road and mountain bikers.
- Offer mountain bike skills training.
- Manage a well-run team for semi-pro riders who meet the criteria as determined year-by-year and depending on budget constraints.
- Offers event support for our members (Sani2C, Epic, etc.).
- Quality club cycling kit and social wear at the best possible price.
- Ease of access to Hilton College Trail network.
Joining the Absolute Motion Cycling Club:
The membership fee per annum is R750 for a single member and R1200 for a family. A reduced rate apply if you join after 1 July.
What your membership fee will be used for:
- Admin cost associated with organizing skills clinics and training camps, i.e. Trail fees, refreshments, etc.
- Trail maintenance and land access negotiation in the larger Hilton area
- Equipment support to deserving developing riders who meet certain criteria.
- Financial support for the club team, i.e. Entry fees, traveling expenses, etc.
- Annual membership package, i.e. T-shirt, socks, etc.
2017 Absolute Motion Cycling Club Committee:
As 2017 will be the club’s 1st year of existence, the founding members will steer the club until it’s 1st AGM in August 2017 when a democratically elected committee will be elected.
The 2017 committee is:
Chairperson: Johann Wykerd
Secretary: Hannah Treble
Treasurer: Willie Pelser
Activities: Callan Deacon
Cycling South Africa
Absolute Motion Cycling Club is affiliated with Cycling South Africa.